Christmas Island Golf Open
14-21 May 2024
7 night packages from AUD$2685 per person
The Annual Christmas Island Golf Open is just the way you might like to experience Christmas Island – stunning views, rolling greens, dodging crabs and banter with the locals – all whilst playing a few rounds of golf. Hosted by the Christmas Island Golf Club and sponsored by Acker Pty Ltd, experience golf on one of Australia’s remotest golf courses.
The event starts on the Friday afternoon and runs all weekend. Green fees, some meals and a welcome pack are included with your participation fee.
- Friday 17 May 2024 : Individual Stableford, 9 holes, tee-off after 12.30pm, dinner
- Saturday 18 May 2024 : 3 Person Ambrose, 9 holes, 1.30pm, novelty prizes, gourmet BBQ lunch, on course drinks and dinner
- Sunday 19 May 2024 : CI Open Stroke, 18 holes, gourmet BBQ lunch and Presentation banquet dinner
- Event Shirt
The event is scheduled for May each year.
This package includes:
- Return flights from Perth with Virgin Australia to Christmas Island
- Applicable taxes
- 7 nights on Christmas Island at VQ3 in a Superior Room*
- 7 days 4WD car hire on Christmas Island – *excluding fuel.
- 3 days Acker Christmas Island Golf Open participation
- Extra sporting baggage allowance of 23kg
Room & Property upgraded pricing is available. Please let us tailor your experience to Australia’s Indian Ocean islands.
*Based on 2 people sharing a room
Single premium available on application.
Non Golfer packages start at AUD $2065 and include the Presentation Banquet Dinner on Sunday
*Subject to availability. Prices & itinerary subject to change at any time.
Prior to arrival, an event participation form will be required to be completed and returned.
- A hire car is essential on Christmas Island as there is no public transport available.
- Only Telstra mobiles will work on Christmas Island. On Cocos mainland mobiles will not operate as it is a private network.
- Call into the Visitors Centre to find out about any special events during your stay and gain some local knowledge on the Islands.
- Car and scooter (Cocos only) hire are a good way to explore the Islands it is best to pre book to avoid disappointment.
- Please note that during the Red Crab migration on Christmas Island that the advertised tour itineraries may be disrupted due to road closures.
- Personal EPIRB’s are available from the Christmas Island Police Station if visitors want an extra level of safety whilst visiting our remote locations.
- If bringing food from the mainland it must be packed according to regulations and a purchase receipt for the food must be carried with you.
- Non Australian citizens must travel to the Islands using a passport.
- Australian residents are covered under the Medicare system.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars and are subject to change.