Double Island : Christmas and the Cocos Keeling Islands
14 night packages from $9325
Validity : 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023
Experience all that Christmas & Cocos (Keeling) Islands has to offer on a family friendly holiday. Get back to nature and explore with a hike through the jungle to enjoy Christmas Island’s amazing and unique species. Relax on pristine beaches, take a canoe trip & experience the culture of the Cocos (Keeling) Islands. These incredible islands promise to provide a safe, welcoming environment for you and your family!
Have you been looking for that destination to get your kids engaged with nature, experiencing the natural world and learning new skills? Australia’s Indian Ocean Islands are the places for you! Our small populations mean you get to have that quiet time with your family, giving your kids the space and security to try out new things, walk & swim in pristine environments, learn about new critters and experience different cultures without even leaving the safety of Australia.
No jabs, no passport and no currency exchange needed to enjoy these tropical paradise islands on the doorstep of South East Asia.
Packages are designed for 2 adults & 2 children under 12 years of age – but can be tailored to suit your family group. We can also make suggestions if you want to travel with the grandparents!
Our recommendation: Book another turtle tour for your stay on Cocos (Keeling) Island & a family snorkelling trip on Christmas Island as part of your package.
This package includes:
- Return flights from Perth with Virgin Australia to Christmas & Cocos (Keeling) Islands – based on 2 adults & 2 children under 12 years travelling.
- Applicable taxes
- 7 nights on Christmas Island & 7 nights on Cocos (Keeling) Island in family-suitable accommodation
- 7 days of 4WD car hire on Christmas Island & 7 days car hire on Cocos (Keeling) Island – excluding fuel
- Orientation Tour on Christmas Island
- Motorised canoe tour on Cocos (Keeling) Island
Other family configurations are available – please let us tailor your experience to Australia’s Indian Ocean islands
Travel Tip: If you require internet services on Cocos (remember there is no mobile data service available), it is highly recommended you prebook your WiFi service here
*Subject to availability. Prices & itinerary subject to change at any time.
- A hire car is essential on Christmas Island as there is no public transport available.
- Only Telstra mobiles will work on Christmas Island. On Cocos mainland mobiles will not operate as it is a private network.
- Call into the Visitors Centre to find out about any special events during your stay and gain some local knowledge on the Islands.
- Car and scooter (Cocos only) hire are a good way to explore the Islands it is best to pre book to avoid disappointment.
- Please note that during the Red Crab migration on Christmas Island that the advertised tour itineraries may be disrupted due to road closures.
- Personal EPIRB’s are available from the Christmas Island Police Station if visitors want an extra level of safety whilst visiting our remote locations.
- If bringing food from the mainland it must be packed according to regulations and a purchase receipt for the food must be carried with you.
- Non Australian citizens must travel to the Islands using a passport.
- Australian residents are covered under the Medicare system.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars and are subject to change.