Christmas Island & Cocos Islands
14 night packages from AUD$4390 per person
Validity : 1 April 2022 – 31 March 2023
Deep drop offs, stunning coral gardens, an abundance of marine life, incredible vistas and welcoming locals – all things that Christmas & Cocos (Keeling) Islands can offer in abundance. Whilst the islands share many similarities – the dive experience is completely different on each island.
Christmas Island boasts gardens of hard corals, incredible drop offs, caves and in the right season – whale sharks! The dive trips depart from Flying Fish Cove – close to your accommodation in Settlement. The dive sites generally don’t take long to get to and before you know it you are blowing bubbles and enjoying the myriad of fish life. The surface interval is generally on the boat with light refreshments whilst patrolling for interesting sea life.
The boats generally return in the early afternoon – leaving you plenty of time to explore the islands’ amazing tropical jungle, remote beaches and mis of cultural highlights.
Cocos (Keeling) Island boasts lots of turtles and friendly sharks, schooling fish, interesting coral gardens and drop offs. The dive trips depart from West Island with most requiring a trip across the lagoon to get to the best dive sites. The surface interval is usually taken on Direction Island – a perfect spot for lunch and a laze on the stunning beach there.
The boat generally returns later in the afternoon – giving you time to relax, shower and get ready for some drinks with the locals at The Club – or head out with your picnic basket to Trannie’s Beach to watch a stunning sunset.
Christmas & Cocos (Keeling) Islands are fantastic dive destinations for your small group tour or club. Contact our diving specialist Sue for recommendations and to plan your trip.
Our Recommendation: Pre-book the canoe tour on Cocos as part of your package. The tour is tide-dependent, so lock this in and plan your other extra activities around it. On Christmas Island book an Orientation Tour with an experienced guide to get a better understanding of the history, culture and things to do and see.
This package includes:
- Return flights from Perth with Virgin Australia to Cocos (Keeling) Islands & Christmas Island
- Applicable taxes
- 7 nights on Cocos (Keeling) Islands in a villa room at Cocos Castaway*
- 7 nights on Christmas Island at Vq3 Lodge in a standard room*
- Return airport transfers on Cocos only
- 4 days double-boat diving including, tanks, weights, refreshments & lunches on each island (based on diving with Wet N Dry Adventures on Christmas).
- Transfers from hotel to dive departure point on diving days.
- 7 days 4WD car hire on Christmas Island
*Based on 2 people sharing a room
Single premium available on application.
Room & Property upgraded pricing is available. Please let us tailor your experience to Australia’s Indian Ocean islands
Extra gear can be hired on the island and is payable directly to the operator.
Travel Tip: If you require internet services on Cocos (remember there is no mobile data service available), it is highly recommended you prebook your WiFi service here
*Subject to availability. Prices & itinerary subject to change at any time
Each dive operator has a different set of terms & conditions. We will update you at the time of booking as to the specifics of their booking terms & conditions.
- A hire car is essential on Christmas Island as there is no public transport available.
- Only Telstra mobiles will work on Christmas Island. On Cocos mainland mobiles will not operate as it is a private network.
- Call into the Visitors Centre to find out about any special events during your stay and gain some local knowledge on the Islands.
- Car and scooter (Cocos only) hire are a good way to explore the Islands it is best to pre book to avoid disappointment.
- Please note that during the Red Crab migration on Christmas Island that the advertised tour itineraries may be disrupted due to road closures.
- Personal EPIRB’s are available from the Christmas Island Police Station if visitors want an extra level of safety whilst visiting our remote locations.
- If bringing food from the mainland it must be packed according to regulations and a purchase receipt for the food must be carried with you.
- Non Australian citizens must travel to the Islands using a passport.
- Australian residents are covered under the Medicare system.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars and are subject to change.