7 night packages from AUD$2180 per person
Join us for a ‘hands on’ citizen science program and contribute to the conservation of Christmas Island’s endemic Blue-tailed Skink and Lister’s Gecko. Hosted by Christmas Island National Park, you will be working directly with passionate staff who need your valuable assistance to audit and rejuvenate the enclosures of these special little animals. This is your chance to work closely with a species that has been pulled back from extinction and learn field expertise from knowledgeable staff.
The program allows you a few hours in the first part of the day to participate with the audit & enclosure set-up, then in the afternoon you can experience our other critters, amazing walks & hidden beaches.
The program will generally operate in February & July each year – commensurate to the timing of the bi-annual audit & tidy-up of the enclosure. Check the flyer for the proposed dates.
This package includes:
- Return flights from Perth with Virgin Australia to Christmas Island
- Applicable taxes
- 7 nights on Christmas Island in a standard room at Vq3 Lodge
- 7 days of 4WD car hire – excluding fuel
- Some meals & guided touring as per the full itinerary option.
Basic 7 night packages start from AUD $1540 per person includes return airfares to Christmas Island with Virgin Australia, 7 days car hire 7 nights accommodation at Sea Eye Guesthouse – based on 2 people sharing a twin room & the vehicle.
*Please note that Sea Eye Guesthouse is a backpacker style of accommodation – with shared bathroom & kitchen facilities.
Room & Property upgraded pricing is available. Please let us tailor your experience to Australia’s Indian Ocean islands…..
*Based on 2 people sharing a room
Single premium available on application.
*Subject to availability. Prices & itinerary subject to change at any time.
- A hire car is essential on Christmas Island as there is no public transport available.
- Only Telstra mobiles will work on Christmas Island. On Cocos mainland mobiles will not operate as it is a private network.
- Call into the Visitors Centre to find out about any special events during your stay and gain some local knowledge on the Islands.
- Please note that during the Red Crab migration on Christmas Island that the advertised tour itineraries may be disrupted due to road closures.
- Personal EPIRB’s are available from the Christmas Island Police Station if visitors want an extra level of safety whilst visiting our remote locations.
- If bringing food from the mainland it must be packed according to regulations and a purchase receipt for the food must be carried with you.
- Non Australian citizens must travel to the Islands using a passport.
- Australian residents are covered under the Medicare system.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars and are subject to change.