Bird & Nature Week
7 night packages from AUD$3500 per person
31 August – 7 September 2021
Explore the unique birdlife on Christmas Island during our annual Christmas Island Bird & Nature Week. Bird lovers are offered the opportunity to get up close and personal to nature and all Christmas Island has to offer. Experienced & passionate guides, working in research and specialising in birds, help bring guests and the unique fauna and flora on Christmas Island closer together.
This citizen science program has you alongside working scientists as they band birds, collect data and highlight their subjects of expertise – all in a safe, low impact and educational atmosphere.
Numbers for the event are capped to keep the group manageable and the experience intimate for guests. The group is broken down into smaller groups and rotated through a different activity each day. The guides can manage varying abilities through their program – your safety and comfort is paramount.
Nightly presentations prior to dinner provide comprehensive information about conservation projects on and off the islands, and topics relevant to the program.
Bird & Nature Week guests are offered the option to extend their stay in Australia’s Indian Ocean Islands and participate in the Cocos (Keeling) Island Add-on – which is all-inclusive.
Our recommendation: Book early to avoid disappointment! Room types and Cocos Add-on options fill quickly.
This package includes:
- Return flights from Perth with Virgin Australia to Christmas /and Cocos (Keeling) Islands as optional add-on
- Applicable taxes
- 7 nights on Christmas Island at your choice of accommodation – twin & single prices shown on flyer
- 6 days of guided touring including transport
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 7 dinners
- Return airport transfers
- Welcome pack sponsored by Christmas Island Tourism
Cocos Add-on is an optional extra – and this includes:
- Inter-island airfare & applicable taxes
- 3 nights accommodation based on twin share at Cocos Beach Motel
- All touring as per the itinerary – includes the motorised canoe safari & Direction Island.
- Meals as per the itinerary
A $300 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your place. Final balance is due 45 days prior to departure.
A travel waiver & medical form are required to be completed and returned prior to arriving on the island. This is so we can best manage your medical and physical requirements. We recommend people have a good level of mobility and reasonable fitness to allow them to get the best experience out of their visit.
*Subject to availability. Prices & itinerary subject to change at any time.
- A hire car is essential on Christmas Island as there is no public transport available.
- Only Telstra mobiles will work on Christmas Island. On Cocos mainland mobiles will not operate as it is a private network.
- Call into the Visitors Centre to find out about any special events during your stay and gain some local knowledge on the Islands.
- Car and scooter (Cocos only) hire are a good way to explore the Islands it is best to pre book to avoid disappointment.
- Please note that during the Red Crab migration on Christmas Island that the advertised tour itineraries may be disrupted due to road closures.
- Personal EPIRB’s are available from the Christmas Island Police Station if visitors want an extra level of safety whilst visiting our remote locations.
- If bringing food from the mainland it must be packed according to regulations and a purchase receipt for the food must be carried with you.
- Non Australian citizens must travel to the Islands using a passport.
- Australian residents are covered under the Medicare system.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars and are subject to change.