Escape – Cocos (Keeling) Islands
7 night packages from AUD$2405 per person
Validity : 1 April 2022 – 31 March 2023
Discover the pristine turquoise waters surrounding the Cocos (Keeling) Islands. With spectacular corals and beautiful marine life, dive, snorkel, catch a ferry or motorised canoe, walk or swim your way between each isolated island. Soak up the sun on Direction island, or relax on the endless coconut-lined, soft, sandy white beaches or take an underwater scooter tour. Cocos – do as much or as little as you like – this is your time!
Cocos (Keeling) Islands offer much in the way of water-based activities. With their stunning lagoon, surrounded by a horseshoe shaped ring of islands, a ferry trip will get you from West Island to Direction Island twice a week, Home Island daily, except Sundays, and an adventure on a motorised canoe will allow you to island-hop amongst the small islands in the Southern part of the lagoon. Home Island offers a unique insight into Cocos Malay living and culture, through the museum or a wander around the grounds of Oceania House, the old Clunies-Ross mansion.
Cocos (Keeling) Islands offers a slow-paced holiday, with places to explore which you will likely have completely to yourself, or mix with the locals to experience life in one of the remotest atolls in Australia.
Our Recommendation: Pre-book the canoe tour as part of your package (included). This tour is subject to tides, so best to lock this in and then plan the rest of your itinerary around it. Add a turtle tour!
This package includes:
- Return flights from Perth with Virgin Australia to Cocos Keeling Islands
- Applicable taxes
- 7 nights on Cocos Keeling Islands in a villa room at Cocos Castaway*
- 4 days car hire – excluding fuel
- High Tide motorised cane safari tour.
- Lagoon Turtle tour
*Based on 2 people sharing a room
Single premium available on application.
Room & Property upgraded pricing is available. Please let us tailor your experience to Australia’s Indian Ocean islands
*Subject to availability. Prices & itinerary subject to change at any time.
- On Cocos mainland mobiles will not operate as it is a private network.
- Call into the Visitors Centre to find out about any special events during your stay and gain some local knowledge on the Islands.
- Car and scooter (Cocos only) hire are a good way to explore the Islands it is best to pre book to avoid disappointment.
- If bringing food from the mainland it must be packed according to regulations and a purchase receipt for the food must be carried with you.
- Non Australian citizens must travel to the Islands using a passport.
- Australian residents are covered under the Medicare system.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- All prices are quoted in Australian Dollars and are subject to change.